10 Tips You Need to Know to Sell Your Home
Need to get your house ready to sell? There are simple steps you can take that will shorten the selling process time and will likely put more money in your pocket. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices has put together these top ten tips on selling your home in 2020 to ensure you get the most out of the sale.
- Hire a Reliable Realty Agent – Hire a professional real estate agent to list your home, one that looks out for your interests and markets your home appropriately. Ask about their experience in selling homes in your neighborhood, and about their social media expertise, connections to buyers, defined plans for selling your home.
- Offer a Reasonable Price – Setting an appropriate price for your home is a top tip in order to sell your home quickly. You can do this by studying similar properties in your neighborhoods that have sold in recent months. Your realtor can help you with this by providing you with a comparative market analysis (CMA).
- Get a Home Inspection – Getting a home inspection before putting your house on the market will streamline the selling process. An inspector will assess your house and provide you with a report on issues that may impact your home’s value or salability.
- Make Some Repairs – No home needs to be in perfect condition before you sell it. However, making certain repairs to bring your home to code and other minor repairs to eliminate buyer objections is certainly recommended. Maybe even paint a few walls to brighten up certain rooms.
- Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal – First impressions are critical when selling a home. Make sure your lawn is mowed, trees are trimmed, and leaves are raked. The exterior walls and driveways should also be neat at all times.
- Depersonalize Your Home – A house becomes a home when you add personal touches but experts agree you should put away all those family photos or trinkets you have lying around. You want potential buyers to visualize themselves and their own things in your home, not to get distracted by your own belonging.
- Get Rid of Clutter – Clutter puts off potential buyers, so be sure to remove all unnecessary items both inside and outside of your home. Decluttering your home by removing things from overflowing closets or some pieces of furniture will make your home feel more spacious.
- Deep Clean Your Home – Once again, this ties to first impressions. Buyers get turned off by homes with foul smells, dirty floors, or cobwebs. Eliminate bad odors from wash bins and drains. Clean carpets and mop floors. Get rid of old, smelly furniture. Thoroughly clean the kitchen and bathrooms throughout the selling process.
- Make the Buyer-Walkthrough a Pleasant Experience – While you may not be there during a walkthrough or open house, think about putting out a few simple drinks or snacks for the buyers. The aromas of fresh-baked cookies or bread will trigger warm, happy feelings and may make them want to stick around a bit longer to ask questions.
- Take Professional Photographs – These days, buyers take time to review information and photos online before visiting homes as it helps to narrow down their choices. Therefore, having high quality, professional photos or even videos has become an essential part of home selling.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices John M. Brabham Real Estate Agency provides quality realty services to the greater Sumter, SC region. Our expert, talented agents will help you rent, buy, or sell real estate. Whatever real estate needs you have, our team has the expertise and knowledge to help you! Call us TODAY at (803) 775-1201 to schedule an appointment or visit us online. Please also ‘Like’ on Facebook!